Benjamin Healthcare – Philosophy
We view each person as an integrated whole, embracing many roles. Each person is an individual and a member of the community.
We believe that by treating people with dignity and respect, each person will realize their potential for growth and development.
Health is more than the absence of disease. It is the enjoyment of physical, emotional, and spiritual fitness. We believe that anyone can enjoy the spirit of health, despite the presence of illness. Benjamin Healthcare supports the experience of well-being.
Benjamin Healthcare center also provides health care for residents through an interdisciplinary team approach. We advocate for residents when they are unable to do so for themselves, and measure the quality of care by the highest professional standards.
We hold that the delivery of this care is best realized through excellence, compassion, and genuine caring. All which we deliver in collaboration with our residents and their families.
Benjamin Healthcare – Commitments
- To provide a safe and homelike atmosphere.
- To stimulate growth and development in individuals.
- To foster open lines of communication.
- To interact with the community in a mutual exchange of ideas and resources.
- To promote an educational environment that fosters knowledge and development.
- To keep Edgar P. Benjamin’s vision of cultural equality alive and well.
Benjamin Healthcare – Organizational Goals
- To act as a leader and role model in long-term care.
- To promote and foster career mobility and development.
- To promote professional development and standards.
- To seek and hold partnerships with universities.
- To promote higher education and research and to contribute to the body of healthcare knowledge.
Benjamin Healthcare center, located atop Mission Hill, is a non-profit skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, which services the greater Boston community. Attorney Edgar Benjamin founded Resthaven in 1927 and donated it to the community as a charitable corporation dedicated to: “providing a home or shelter for and to otherwise assist all people without regard to race, creed or color.” Today, Benjamin Healthcare center continues this proud tradition and remains a leader in its service to culturally diverse populations.